Project Accountant – Nova Scotia
As a Project Accountant you are responsible for coordinating the accurate and timely entry and reporting of data in the company financial systems. This includes subcontract, materials and labor cost management including payable and receivables reporting. Interaction and communication with clients, management and project teams are important to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of data.
- Provide reporting and information to project management & operations as required
- Supports the project management team in completing monthly cost and profitability reporting
- Project specific reporting and analysis for internal and external clients
- Understanding of contract requirements for progress billing
- Coordinates the accounts receivable functions including the timely and accurate submittal of billing and entry into accounting system
- Supports payment collection and reports on overdue balances to project management team
- Ensure accurate cost coding and invoice compliance with purchase orders/contracts and entry into accounting system
- Tracks subcontractor commitments and enters progress payments including payment to the subcontractor; ensures compliance to contractual terms.
- Reviews project costs entered into financial accounting system
- Related accounting or analysis experience
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and financial applications similar to Jonas software, Procore experience preferred.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, able to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and organization skills
- Relevant industry experience would be an asset
Avondale Construction Limited is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest General Construction companies. Avondale is a company with 31-year history project successes.
Why Choose Avondale Construction Ltd.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Health Benefits,
- Exciting training opportunities,
- Exciting career opportunities
At Avondale we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability are encouraged to apply.
Salary range $ 50,000 to $75,000 depending on experience and education level.
In office, normal hours 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday through Friday
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.