Senior Project Manager – Nova Scotia
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Nova Scotia operation and deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Working in our construction management team will expose you to a wide range of Commercial, Institutional, and Residential projects. As the Senior Project Manager, you will be accountable for project success while mentoring and improving the abilities of others on your team. Creating a strong working relationship with Superintendents to focus on building needs, give technical leadership, and ensure safety, quality, and productivity match objectives will also be critical to success.
As a Senior Project Manager at Avondale, you will:
- Prepare and monitor the project master schedule in conjunction with the Project Management team.
- Ensure records are maintained for drawings and drawing revisions
- Chair project meetings and ensure quality of project meeting minutes.
- Contribute to Estimating of projects, negotiate and select subcontractors to ensure capability of subcontractor to perform, completeness of scope coverage, and best value.
- Prepare project execution plan in conjunction with Superintendent.
- Advise others on project execution issues, potential claims, and disputes in a timely fashion.
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope, negotiate change orders with the owner, while ensuring records are maintained
- Ensure updates, preparation, and distribution of bi-weekly schedules are completed, and notify the Senior Construction Manager of deviations from schedule in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper process and execution of material procurement and expediting.
- Ensure project closeout activities such as coordinating documentation for deficiencies, warranties, operation and maintenance information are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Oversee Subcontractor Procurement Process.
- Monitor and track equipment and resources inventory.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly labour, equipment, material, and sub trade costs are administered and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Complete margin forecast in Projects program and review with Manager on each month end.
- Oversee progress invoicing and collection of receivables.
- Act to resolve disputes between the company and owner, or subcontractors, when possible, prior to Senior Construction Manager’s involvement.
- Build and maintain effective and efficient working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Provide direction, coach / mentor / develop, review performance, and recommend advancement and dismissal of personnel reporting to the Senior Construction Manager.
- Lead, promote, and maintain a positive safety culture within the team, without compromise, by monitoring and measuring Health and Safety of our sites.
- Take responsibility in cooperation with the Safety Manager and Superintendent for the development, implementation, and execution of the Project Specific Safety Plan.
- Ensure responsibility for own health and safety, and that of other workers, visitors to the site(s), the community, and the environment in line with client requirements, Occupational Health and Safety regulations, and all applicable government laws and regulations
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience working in a Project Management position.
- Completion of a Construction related Degree or Diploma training program
- Ability to train project staff in all aspects of project requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, MS Project, On-screen Takeoff, Bluebeam is an asset
If this sounds like you, then Avondale may be the right fit. Apply today.
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.