Estimator – Nova Scotia
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our team deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Reporting to the Estimating Team Leader, you will support and lead a variety of project pursuits within our Nova Scotia operations. As an integral member of the team we are looking for someone with Lump Sum and Construction Management and Design Build contract experience, which in turn will prove beneficial when supporting project pursuits.
As an Estimator at Avondale, you will:
- Determine and create the project scope of work to allow for subcontractor assistance
- Set-up and complete estimates in company standard estimating program
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules based on subcontractor input
- Complete estimate quantification and draft costing of labor, equipment, and material
- Identify and develop constructability requirements for project construction
- Analyze design criteria and assist in recommending best options based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials
- Identify and propose project risk and cost mitigation as well as the potential for project opportunities and cost savings
- Analyze and propose potential strategies, advantages, or innovations for the project that could provide Avondale with a more competitive bid
- Analyze subcontractor bids for irregularities and ensure the full scope of work is included
- Participate in or lead the bid close with the oversight of a more senior estimator
- Assemble conceptual and budget costs using past project analytics, benchmarking, and historical data
- Lead a small team of support estimators and operational staff, assisting with the planning of their time and overseeing delegation and quality of work
- Build upon and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, and internal stakeholders that reflect and support Avondale core values
- Completion of a Construction related Degree or Diploma training program
- 7+ years of construction-related experience, including a combination of field and estimating experience, is an asset
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Primavera, On-screen Takeoff, Bluebeam is an asset
If this sounds like you, then Avondale, Halifax may be the right fit. Apply today.
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.