Site Superintendent – Nova Scotia
We are seeking Superintendents for our Nova Scotia office. With a focus on Safety, the Construction Superintendent is responsible for the day to day management of a construction site, executing field operations in a manner consistent with Company objectives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates, coordinates, directs and evaluates plans, schedules and site personnel to ensure project objectives.
- Develop and manage three week look ahead schedules
- Implements and ensures compliance of the Project Safety Program; performs regular hazard analysis and toolbox meetings.
- Ensures sufficient manpower is provided to achieve safety, schedule and quality objectives.
- Prepares overall work plan and schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Reviews and provides assistance regarding quality assurance and control.
- Monitors all site instructions, change notices and makes adjustments as required.
You have progressive experience in the general contracting industry as a Project Lead, with a focus on industrial, institutional or commercial projects. You effectively provide overall supervision, coordination and scheduling of construction activities and consistently complete projects on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction. A strong leader and problem-solver, you are able to build trust with clients, subcontractors, and team members to achieve competitive excellence.
- Engineering Technology, journeymen certificate or related construction discipline is recommended.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills in such areas as Microsoft Office (Word, Project, and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/client relation skills.
- Must be flexible and a team player.
- Blueprint reading and strong attention to construction details.
Why Choose Avondale Construction Group
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance
- Group RRSP
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.