Estimator (Co-op) – Nova Scotia
We are seeking estimating students to join our team deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of a collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse, and inclusive environment, on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Reporting to the Chief Estimator, you will learn how to support and lead a variety of project pursuits within our Nova Scotia operations. As an integral member of the team, you will be hands on, with real life work assignments and career building skills.
As an Estimating student at Avondale, you will:
- Assist with the preparation of tender documents.
- Contact trade contractors and suppliers for pursuit support.
- Obtain and build unit-pricing.
- Perform and update quantity take-offs.
- Update request for information lists.
- Learn to understand trade scope definitions and local market conditions.
- Learn to understand varied contractual terms & conditions.
- Working towards a degree or diploma in a civil engineering or architectural technology related field.
- Ability to perform quantity take-offs.
- Ability to perform unit pricing.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- A passion for working in a construction environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of conceptual estimating.
- Knowledge of a variety of contract arrangements such as: Lump Sum, Design Build, Project Management, Construction Management, and Public/Private Partnership.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets, design, and formulas.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Primavera, On-screen Takeoff, Bluebeam is an asset.
If this sounds like you, then Avondale may be the right fit. Apply today.
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.