Jr. Project Coordinator – Nova Scotia
We are seeking Jr. Project Coordinators for our Nova Scotia office. As a member of the Avondale Team, Project Coordinators support the Project Manager and/or Site Superintendent with the construction of projects. We are looking for individuals who thrive on challenge, responsibility and growth. The project team is essentially the “face” of Avondale Construction Group as they are the main point of contact for all parties involved in the execution of a project (i.e. clients, subcontractors, the public).
As a Jr. Project Coordinator at Avondale you will:
- Maintain and distribute contemplated change orders, change directives, requests of information, change orders and site instructions.
- Provide site information and inspection reports to the Safety and Project Managers.
- Organize site coordination meetings as well as the capture and distribute minutes.
- Track shop drawing submittals.
- Maintain site specific deliverables tracking logs.
- Expedite required information and deliverables from consultants, subcontractors and owners
- Administer deficiency punch lists in conjunction with Site Superintendent and Project Manager
- Ensure Superintendents have updated information (binders, logs, shop drawings etc.)
- Provide Superintendent and Project Manager support
- Completion of a degree or diploma in a civil engineering or architectural technology related field.
- Strong computer skills in such areas as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with FTP sites and other file sharing platforms would be an asset.
- Your organization and time-management skills allow you to multitask and meet deadlines.
- You are able to work well with others in a team environment and contribute to the team in an efficient, effective and positive manner.
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.