Project Coordinator (Co-op) – Nova Scotia
We are seeking Project Coordinator students for our Nova Scotia office. As a member of the Avondale Team, Project Coordinators support the Project Manager and/or Site Superintendent with the construction of projects. We are looking for individuals who thrive on challenge, responsibility and growth. The project team is essentially the “face” of Avondale Construction Group as they are the main point of contact for all parties involved in the execution of a project (i.e. clients, subcontractors, the public).
As a Coordinator student at Avondale you will:
- The maintenance and distribution of contemplated change orders, change directives, requests of information, change orders and site instructions.
- Providing site information and inspection reports to the Safety and Project Managers.
- The organization of site coordination meetings as well as the capturing and distribution of minutes.
- Shop drawing submittals and tracking.
- Site specific deliverables tracking logs.
- Expedite required information and deliverables from consultants, subcontractors and owners
- Administer deficiency punch lists in conjunction with Site Superintendent and Project Manager
- Ensure Superintendents have updated information (binders, logs, shop drawings etc.)
- Superintendent and Project Manager support
- Working towards a degree or diploma in a civil engineering or architectural technology related field.
- Strong computer skills in such areas as Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Proficiency in MS Office is required as well as being familiar with FTP sites and other file sharing platforms would be an asset.
- Your organization and time-management skills allow you to multitask and meet deadlines.
- You are able to work well with others in a team environment and contribute to the team in an efficient, effective and positive manner.
For more than thirty years, Avondale has been firmly established as one of the most reputable and reliable general contractors in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Moncton and Saint John.